For the next two weeks you the students will be traveling around the Treasure Valley meeting your community partners for the first time. With that comes a lot of anxiety, questions and excitement. I know from my personal experiences how big of a step this can be, but know the Service-Learning Staff is here to support you.
In order to get the most out of your Service-Learning Orientation you'll need to be prepared. Here is a list of 5 tips to ensure your success!
- Know your agency location and orientation time. You can find these details in OrgSync under your agency's page
- Be professional: Watch these videos
- Communicate with the agency before the orientation to confirm the date, time and location just in case something came up for the agency.
During the Orientation
4. Ask questions. If something is not clear here are some examples:
- What times can I serve?
- Who do I contact if I can't make a scheduled shift?
- What are your Risk Management Policies?
- What expectations do have for a service-learning student?
5. Come with an open mind. You are there to serve, to learn, not save.
See you out there!
Coordinator of Student Support
Share your experiences with us: